Clear bloods and stools but not convinced I'm ok

Posted , 4 users are following.

Went to GP with throat problem and was told I had acid reflux after two wks I went back and said I was not happy my GP sent me for blood test chest X-ray plus stool test all came back clear expect stool had H-p I did triple therapy and now I'm very frequent with bowel movements and change in stools. Been back to GP and had another full blood count which came back clear plus liver kidneys working fine did a further two stools samples the last was tested for blood and inflammation in the bowel came back clear. Still just don't feel right I'm waiting for non ergent colonoscopy as my GP feels my results were fine and it's all because of the triple therapy should I be concerned or should my results reassure me ?? Plus I've been waiting to have the camera down the throats for two months again a none ergent referral?? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Can you be more specific about your "throat problem"  i'm very interested in the amount of attention you have received over it. You appear to have an exceptional G.P,  What is happening to you, that makes you feel ,,,not right ,,  

• Posted

Triple therapy for H pylori can be harsh on the stomach and may have disagreed with you.  The other possibility is gastritis or the h pylori has come back or been resistant to treatment. This is very common.  Ask for an H pylori retest.
  • Posted

If your GP is hapoy with your results, don't worry because it will make you feel worse.  Negative reaults should always reassure you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.