Clear colonoscopy result, still concerned

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone,

I have been having stomach issues the past couple of months which all started once I returned from a weekend away in Prague. I felt awful for a few days and had bad diarrhoea for two straight weeks. The diarrhoea stopped and my gp ordered 3 stool tests. The first was the celiac test, the second a faecal calprotectin test and a fit test. The feacal calprotectin and fit came back positive so did a colonoscopy just over 3 weeks ago. During the colonoscopy the doctor said my colon looked absolutely fine but there was some mild inflammation in the rectum which on second look said he actually didn't think it was anything to worry about. He said that he would take some biopsies of the inflamed area anyway to rule anything out. I received a phone call from the nurse at the colorecal team two days ago and they said there was no cancer and everything was fine so I will be referred back to the gp. I asked so there's no colitis or proctitis and she said no there's no colitis or anything to worry about. I was very relieved but then started worrying what the slight inflammation they found is and could it be early ulcerative proctitis/colitis which didn't show up in the biopsies. I don't have any pain or viable blood in stool and am eating all types of food without issue. Would the biopsy test for cancer and ulcerative colitis? The only concern is that my anus stings with bm for a little while and my stools vary in consistency. I also feel they smell unusual. I was also told I had haemorrhoids. Can anyone offer any advice? Shall I take the advice that all is OK of should I go back to the gp? Thanks so much for any help.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.