Clear lense exchange

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hello. I am 35 years old and had the cataract surgery done as an elective. I’ve had terrible sight my whole life and was convinced this would help me see and be rid of glasses. My vision was a -16. I was pretty near sighted. I had both eyes done. It’s been 6 weeks for one eye and 5 for the other. This is by far the worst decision I have ever made. Maybe time will tell. But these last 5 weeks have been nothing but miserable. I am unable to see distance. My vision is currently 20/60. I need readers for anything arms length. My eyes are very goopy and blurry. I did 2 weeks of the drops as directed. Now I’m on newer more expensive drops. I’m scheduled to have my lenses cleaned in 2 weeks due to buildup. How can I have buildup only after a month?! I’m already $7000 into this and will have to pay lore for this procedure. Anyone else experience this? If I could go back and take them out I would. There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to see a road sign or my child on the baseball field. 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jessica, It is now about 11 to 12 weeks since you had CLE on both eyes.  Has your vision improved yet or is it now better than 20/60 (6 weeks ago)?  If not, is your surgeon giving you a second lens-exchange for both your eyes?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.