Clear liquid diet for 2 weeks and starving......anything help

Posted , 6 users are following.

My mom is still experiencing lots of pain after 2 weeks so is still on a clear liquid diet. She is so hungry. Any suggestions other than chicken broth? Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If she still has lots of pain I would see her doctor. Severe pain is a warning.  It’s nit that’s she eating anything.  Maybe she’s having hunger pains.  Toast, tea, and low residue foods.  I stil think she should consult doctor if that much pain.
  • Posted

I am sorry your mom is still on clear liquids. I found chicken noodle soup strained of noodles has a tiny tiny bit of fat that helps tame the hunger pains for me. Regular jello does the same. I hope this helps.
  • Posted

Is you mom on antibiotics? A probiotic may help. I do know I was so sick from the antibiotics and had to start on soft foods. So I recommend jello, applesauce, white toast, crackers and popsicles. Baked chicken mashed potatoes even just a soonful or two. Liquids are so hard after a week! She won’t feel so weak.  

Good Luck

• Posted

Applesauce was my go to and mashed potatoes and rice. They all seemed to fill me up.

But honestly,

I didn’t really want to eat on the antibiotics because everything went right through me. Ramen noodles with chicken flavor might work too. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.