Clear ultrasound but tons of ovarian cyst symptoms?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello again ladies,

I've written a couple posts on here over the last couple months and I'm back with even more questions! I have been experiencing tons of ovarian cyst symptoms over the past 2 and half months from a series of different pains, bloating, nausea, pelvic pain, exhaustion and more, I've had it all and was feeling pretty convinced having read other peoples stories that I had a cyst. 

I finally got to have an ultrasound last week where the lady chose to only do an external one (which felt very rushed). I got the results back today from my GP, just being told it was clear. I was originally transferred for the ultrasound to check for PCOS but tried to explain the severity of my symptoms once there, not that she seemed interested. 

I now have to wait a month to have hormonal blood tests but I am completely stumped. I felt so sure I had a cyst with how perfectly my symptoms fitted and all these symptoms are taking over my life and making everyday things so difficult. Not exactly what you want with exams coming up.

Any advice ladies? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi! You really need an internal vaginal ultrasound to see properly. Mine did not show up till I had that done and then followed up with an MRI. If I were you I would find yourself a new Gyno - would also go to a gynecologist, not a GP. 
    • Posted

Ok, I'm going to ask to be referred (we have to be referred by our GP here) and hopefully get all this sorted! Thanks for the reply! How big and what type was your cyst if you don't mind me asking? 

• Posted

I had 2 cysts on the same side - 10 & 2cms...dermoid I believe.

• Posted

The only way that they found out i had the cysts on my ovaries was from an ultrasound from the inside and the symptom that u are experiencing it sounds like a cyst ask your gyn doctorif u can get the one on the inside good luck and hope u feel better
    • Posted

That's reassuring to hear, thank you! Hoping I can get this sorted soon smile How big and what type was your cyst if you don't mind me asking? 

• Posted

I don't know what the size was but all i know is that it was enlarging so that is why they just went on ahead and removed it

• Posted

Hi!

Sometimes cysts don't show up on external ultrasound due to gas in your intestines or not having your bladder full, for contrast. You should really get an internal one whenever you get the chance.

Get well soon!

Rommie

• Posted

Hi!

Thanks for the reply! I'm going to book an appointment with my doc to discuss further testing.

Thank you! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.