Clear Urine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Dad had a GFR of 19 a few weeks ago but today he passed a urine sample which looked like water. Would this indicate a further decline in kidney function? It coincided with his last anti biotic tablet from a weeks course for UTIs.

He has dementia and I did wonder if he could have got muddled and ran the pot under the tap to rinse it out but he says no it was just what he produced. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carol,

Kidney function is tested by blood not urine samples.  Urine can be different colors for many reasons.  Are you able to speak with your fathers doctors if you are concerned?

• Posted

Hi Helen

Urine test is to see if he has any remaining infection after two lots of AB for UTIs. Dad has a blood test due again in 3 weeks. I spoke to District Nurse again this morning and she tested the "Urine" sample which was just water so thinks Dad's Vascular Dementia has taken another dip. He has been calling me down to him every hour or so in the night fo rthe last 3 nights and has no sense of time.

• Posted

Hi Helen,

Good to see you on the forum again. How are you getting on?  Did your transplant go smoothly?  All good wishes,

Lyn

• Posted

Hi Lyn,

I am not bad thank you, just had another op yesterday to remove the stent and my pd pipe so hopefully everything should settle down.  Hope you are keeping well x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.