Cleared up pityriasis rosea in 2 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a healthy, black 16 year old teen, no underlying medical conditions. May 2 2020 I noticed small dots on my chest. I thought it was just excema or pimples or something but by the next day, it grew all over my stomach and chest. By Monday my whole upper body (including face, back, arms and neck) was covered with rashes. It was so itchy and red I wanted to die. I cried all night and I couldn't sleep for a few days. I couldn't study, or play or feel any ounce of happiness. I felt hopeless. It also slowly spread to my thighs and bum. Nighttime was the worst because it becomes so itchy at that time, something to do with science. I also experienced a loss of appetite.

My family thought it was just a heat rash but it was way too intense to be a heat rash. The next day I did research and thought I broke into hives (even though I have no known allergies). I took allergy pills, used penatene rash cream, and calamine lotion for about 3 days.

By May 6, I sent photos to my doctor and he diagnosed me with pityriasis rosea. The doctor told me I can't do anything about it but, apply calamine and expose my skin to the sun. I immideatly did my research on this forum and saw that Head and Shoulders Shampoo (blue bottle, orange color soap) and a salt bath can help get rid of the rashes and irritation. Every two days, I would soak in Epsom salt and shower (no sponge) with the shampoo. I didn't apply any lotion or cream after. Whenever the sun came out, i would sit by the window and expose my skin to the sunlight (UV rays help). PS. these treatments don't always work for everybody. I also drank Emergen-c.

By May 11, I felt so much more better. My rashes had flattened and I wasn't feeling super itchy. It doesn't go away overnight but gradually, it becomes so much more better and bearable. By May 16 ish, I had fully recovered.

I'm writing this on May 20 2020 and I'm still only using head and shoulders to shower and no lotion. There are dark spots left on my skin where the rashes used to be. Im not sure how to fix it but besides that, I feel blessed and relieved. Its a horrible condition and I pray for everyone who is going through it. It does get better.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have just been diagnosed with this myself today.

Do you no exactly which head and shoulders you used?

i already have regular salt baths as i also have Psorisis and the salt bath eases this also.

i will try anything as this is much worse than Psorisis and i am having sleepless nights with my skin feeling like it is on fire

• Posted

Head and Shoulders Clinical Strength Anti Dandruff Shampoo (blue bottle, orange colored shampoo)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.