CLENCHING TEETH AND wrinkly gob? anyone

Posted , 7 users are following.

eek Yes I look in the mirror sometimes and notice that my top lip needs ironing out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

But the very worst is clenching teeth syndrome cheesygrin and I don't realise I'm doing it most of the time. I must be so tense, my neck and shoulders and head ache, is anyone experiencing such things (seriously), this must be attributed to anxiety, strange for me because I'm such an easy going soul.

Going to try to get back to sleep again

Hope your all already ZZZZZing nicely

Nite

Mrs Mconfused

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Mrs. Merm,

I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight. To answer your question, yes, ever since things started changing for me, anxiety has been over the top. My dentist asked me if I clenched my teeth because apparently she noticed changes that gave her that clue. I started paying attention and mostly late in the evening, I do tend to clench my teeth without realizing it. So I try to do deep breathing exercises (recently took up yoga) to relax. Helps somewhat.

Pleasant dreams! xx

• Posted

cheesygrin
    • Posted

Hi mrs merm yes clenching teeth grinding teeth at night without realising g and body clenching. Only just realised that's what I'm doing so I do deep breathing three times a day and use an app called headspace ( it's free) gives you 10 minutes of total relaxation . I've been doing this fir three weeks and feel the difference vetween not relaxed and relaxed now . I'm also doing acupuncture which fir the last two days has been bliss calm less hit flushes and sleeping at night. Hope one of these will work for you can't stand being awake in the night. 😌
    • Posted

Hi Liz,

I just never seem to have got enough sleep, will try my yoga CD again later. thanks for your interest in liddle old me.biggrin

• Posted

Hello

yes I am often clenching my teeth, and feeling my shoulders up against my ears, I often wake like this and have an associated headache.  Accupuncture is definitely helping, started with weekly sessions for 6 weeks, now monthly. Aches and pains so much better now, also energy levels back to normal.  Give it a try, be aware that weekly sessions drain the bank, but I feel it was worth it to get some relief.

Viv

• Posted

Sounds a good plan Viv, may have to keep that one on back boiler for now due to finances at mo, but will definately check it out biggrin
    • Posted

I understand, but sometimes when the symptoms get you down and all you want is to feel normal and out of pain, you spend money left and right with supplements etc.  I would and have spent a lot of money getting advice (privately), to get relief.  Hope I am now on the right road.  I was taking co-codamol 3 times/day, with little relief, now I may perhaps take them once or twice/week.

good luck with your search, there is so much help and advice on this forum.

Viv

• Posted

Hi viv I'm impressed with the acupuncture which channel are you being treated for mine is the liver channel. I don't understand a lot of it as it's to do with energy being blocked but I've felt much better since having it. I've also got the ear seeds in my left ear which I twiddle every hour that seems to continue the treatment. Like you I find it very expensive and can only do one hour a week . Have your symptoms improved a lot? 
    • Posted

Hi Liz

I have no idea which channel is being worked on, I must admit I was a bit of a sceptic to start with, she puts around 20 needles in all down my right side, whilst laying on my left side.  I thought it strange when she said she only has to treat one side, but I have had a great benefit, so am now a convert!

I have gone from co-codamol 3times/day to sometimes just once or twice/week.  So worth every penny.

I shall ask her about the ear seeds next week.

• Posted

Hi viv ask her which channel is blocked then google it . It's very interesting to see which channel deals with the symptoms we have. I have needles in the back and legs and stomach. Last time needles in head stomach and legs plus feet . Would like to be a normal person again. 
  • Posted

Yep. This is me. Didn't know I was clenching until the Dr pointed out that I clenched my teeth even when talking. I have such painful jaw, head and headaches. Also neck pain, shoulder pain, arm ..... Such a nuisance. It's all come on over last few yrs and is apparently anxiety. It must be associated with the menopause. Trying acupuncture this week. Xx
  • Posted

But I just wonder why we get all these things, my mouth/jaw feel awful, going to visit dentist this week.

And very personally, I always head a fresh mouth but not since this meno, maybe it's the clenching teeth but I know my mouth isn't as fresh as before.

To be honest it is all getting me down lately biggrin

• Posted

Hi again Liz,

taking your advice on board, and will look into acupuncture, I am going to see if there is a practitioner near to me now (online search)

Thanks Lizredface

• Posted

Hi mrs merm it gets us all down I have real low points but it's not going to beat me or rule me !!! The acupuncture is dealing with a block in my liver channel and I used to get a bitter taste in my mouth which has gone be interesting to see which channel you have blocked. Mine is up from the big toe throught the female part up to the breast bone and up to the forehead . It's also great the knee pain I've had for weeks has also gone . An interesting treatment . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.