Clenpiq

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I am scheduled for a colonoscopy first of next month. It is the first time I have used the Clenpiq prep, and the only problem I see is I have to take the second bottle of liquid 5 hours before the procedure. Which basically means I have to get up at 3am and drink this stuff. There has to be a better way? Anyone had any experience with this prep? It was the first I had heard of it.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i am scheduled for middle of March. gotta take mine at 2am. still trying to find out how ppl with hypoglycemia do the fast.

• Posted

I just had a colonoscopy using ClenPiq this past week. My doctor had me do the "same day" preparation, meaning I took the first bottle at about 4 pm and the second at about 9 pm, each bottle followed by five 8 oz. cups of clear liquid over several hours. I actually ended up getting several decent hours of sleep before I had to be at the outpatient surgical center at 7 am.

The ClenPiq was supposed to be a cranberry flavor, but that's a stretch. It's far better than the old gallon of awful stuff you had to drink, and there's only a small quantity to drink each time. Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, yes I am doing both doses in one day as well, which is good because I didn't want to get up at 3am to drink the second one. I've never drunk cranberry, so maybe that's a good thing. Is it sweet or what? I don't think anything could be worse than the gallon of crap you used to have to drink that was nasty. Is the ClenPiq thick, or just have a not so good taste?

Thank you again for the reply, and hope all went well for you.

• Posted

I'm still waiting for the pathology results (5 very small polyps removed - which is why I have a colonoscopy every 3 years) and will hear later this week. I'm also a long-time diverticulitis patient and had surgery years ago.

There is only a very small amount (two bottles of about 6 oz. or so) of the ClenPiq, so it is infinitely better than the old gallon of stuff. I didn't find it particularly thick, but the tart/sweet fruity taste wasn't pleasant. Just drink it quickly! My doctor said they changed the formulation from the previous type because people weren't stirring or shaking it as they were supposed to. This one is pre-mixed. All in all a very big improvement over the old gallon of yucky stuff.

All the best to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.