Clexan injections

Posted , 5 users are following.

I think I was told to inject every day for one month can anyone claryfi this please?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Clexan is to stop blood clamor in the veins after surgery . Every day is the dose they can be injected painlessly with a small needle Ina injeor pen used by a lot of patients rathe than blood transfusions or risk complications to to blood cots formation. I was a bit sceptical at first too, it is not a big deal just pull tummy skin out place pre decide on prescribed dose measurement og the pen place on top of skin push the automatic injector ,mthe top is a spring like a ball point pen but wider in the size of the pen for easier grip.

its that simple and no pain no stick very similar to the epi pen and your protected from any complications from blood clots always a concern from surgery!

easy as pie once you do it the first time you'll easy as pie! 🍰 Well make that a cheese cake. 😉

have a great day! 😊

• Posted

YIKES spell check NOT CLAMER   ........   Should be blood clots! 

Opps sorry!

😳

• Posted

I had to do two shots a day for 4 months. Just stopped. My break was not healing and ortho was concerned with clots. My wife gave me the shots.
  • Posted

Yes I had to do it. To be honest I can remember if it was after a hip replacement or my TAR. Worth the bruises though better to be safe. You are not moving much. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi - I just had ankle surgery this week and was also given 2 weeks worth of these shots. In the first 1-2 days it was quite hard to get the hang of it, and I had BIG bruises on my tummy, however, I was researching quite a lot of tips to inject properly for minimal side effects, you might also want to try:

1. I always ice the area first for about 5 mins before AND after I inject, eversince I have done this, there as been basically no blood and no bruising. 

2. Also try to inject on your outer upper thigh, to give your tummy a bit of a break! 

• Posted

also don't inject on a slant! try to keep it as 90 degree angle as possible!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.