Click in my Op Leg

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 12 days post op on a LTHR, all seems to be going really well (apart from sleeping at night). I am doing all my home physio and now up to 500m a day with one crutch as my outdoor daily walk. One thing I notice is what seems like a click when I put my heal to the ground when walking. Not everytime and there is no pain or even discomfort. Could anyone help with what this may be and if it sounds a problem?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi John

Wow you are doing well to be on 1 crutch -and walking outside with 1 crutch. Are you confident with been outside with just 1. I can manage 1 around the house but no way would i walk outside with 1.

I am 11 days so very similar to you and yes i have heard the click but not sure what it is. It only happens every so often and it doesn't bother me so I am ignoring it for now.

This is my second one so i can sleep more easily on my back. I am actually so tired when i go to bed that i pass out straight away. This time i seem to have no energy so do things in bits and then rest. I can walk good distances ( probably up to 1 k)and feel more awake outside so the fresh air seems to help.

Do you mind telling me what age you are John- I am 51 and have a good fitness level so this helps and i do all the exercises.

Keep me updated on your progress as its great to see what others can do

Mary

• Posted

I have experienced squeaking, always when in hot weather, and when bending down to do up shoelaces. It is fairly normal to have some sounds from the new joint, but mention it at your next checkup for safety.

• Posted

Wow John, one crutch when out walking after eleven days. I always used two when on my daily walk for a few weeks, then down to one until about twelve weeks as I could feel an uncomfortable feeling where the implant was implanted in the bone which made me limp without support. Up to now I have not heard a noise but you sound like you are recovering very quickly so, good luck with the rest of your journey.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.