Clicking in ears and jaw pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Do/did you guys have these symptoms? Every time I move my jaw I hear clicks in my ears and it also constantly hurts and causes headaches.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I so have the symptom but I don’t have mono. It’s called TMJ disorder, and you should seek help from a dentist. So far, they recommend me a splint that costs $1000 to fix my jaw position and I haven’t yet decided. 
    • Posted

It began exactly at the same time as mono, so I think they are related in my case.
  • Posted

Hey Catch the Bus,

Sorry to hear you're having these kind of pains, I do think glandular fever can cause all sorts of strange symptoms so it may well be connected, worth getting checked out by doctor or dentist anyway. I've had problems with grinding my teeth causing tension in those kind of muscles and that area, and have worn a night splint in my teeth prepared by the dentist over the last year, it has really helped, maybe worth thinking about or asking the dentist about.

Still believing you are going to make a full recovery Catch the Bus, hang in there! You WILL get there.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.