Clicking painless joints & feel worse about to give in with fluoxetine

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm driving myself mad been on fluoxetine since 25th November started on 20mg and got massively worse so the doctor upped my dose to 40mg about two weeks ago, now all my joints shoulder wrists knees ankles are clicking this is a new thing no pain, also when I swallow I feel like the same clicking/grinding sound it's driving me mad! One side of my face/head also feels sore to touch I can't cope with this I'm deciding alsorts must be wrong with me and I'm going to die I think I need to change back to sertraline to see if this gets better, does this medicine affect anybody else like this?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Maybe someone can help me; I recently started fluoxitine again after several years & my Dr. put me right back to 40mg's to start. I am concerned this was too much, will I be ok. Been back on for 12 days.

Thank you

• Posted

No that is not Ok.. why do doctors do that! Mine started me on 10mg for 5 days then 20mg for approx 6 weeks.. then 30mg for 10 days then up to 40mg. Were you on 40mg last time? How are you feeling at the moment?
    • Posted

Thank you for responding. Actually today I am finally starting to feel a bit more like myself; although the last 12 days was hell.
    • Posted

That is great.. there will be up and down days for sure.. but trust me things will get better!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.