Clicking/popping noise three weeks post surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there! I'm almost three weeks post surgery (scarf akin left foot) and had thought I was making good progress, with minimal pain. My stitches and big bandage were removed a week ago and on my consultants advice I've been wriggling my toes and trying to move around a bit more in my darco shoe. However yesterday when walking I noticed a clicking/popping sound from the joint when slowly walking downstairs, and again later when trying to wriggle my toes.

Is this normal? I'm worried i've somehow undone the bone healing and they're now rubbing together! Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My surgery is Jan 23rd so i don't knkow whats normal yet. I hope I am as fortunate as you in my recovery!

• Posted

I am on day 5 so still cannot walk on foot. If this was happening to me I would call the doctor's office.

• Posted

I had same happen to me .The Doctor said it was do to the pin he had put in.It went away after he took it out 2 weeks later.I had both feet done .One on October 11 2016 .Left foot November 29th 2016 My right foot is healing nicely. My left foot still hurts .I had Hypercure put in to straighten and lift arch.So feel I have a sprsnged Ancle as well .It takes at least 8 to 10 weeks to feel normal or it did for me.Opening from pins still healing.Very painful surgery and long process.But will be so worth it if everything goes as planned. Good luck with healing !!I felt the clicking too!
    • Posted

Thank you for sharing, that's reassuring to hear. It makes sense when i think about it, plus there's bound to be extra movement in the joint until the bones are fully healed which takes about 6 weeks. Hope the recovery goes well with your left foot - i'm quite enjoying it over the festive period, lots of christmas films to watch!

Thanks

• Posted

Karen, it doesn't sound good.

Please see your orthopaedic surgeon ASAP.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.