Clicky Hip

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi, I'm two nearly three weeks out from a right hip replacement in the UK.

Three days ago after an almost perfect recovery, a had a horrid experience whilst sleeping.

I think I had rolled over on the ok hip. I rolled back and moved the right foot inwards and I felt the whole hip joint ker chunk back into the joint. It was momentarily painful. I have since walked and sat etc with no pain. However the hip is clicking constantly.

I am scared to death I have messed up my future. I was deliriously happy after the hip having pain free for the first time in months and months.

I am 57years old.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Sue

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue

Best to get this checked out.  Your GP would advise.  Hope all goes well.  Ray

• Posted

Hi sue

Don't worry too much it may just be muscular I think you would know if you had dislocated your hip. Just take it steady though. Everything's lose after surgery and I had a few clunking moments which made me sweat! I am now 6 months post op and everything has settled down still not perfect but improving all the time.

Take it easy

Julie

• Posted

Hi Sue,

It's probably nothing to worry about because you are in the early stages and the muscles are still very weak.  Mention to your physical therapist.  They will show you how to tighten those muscles back up which will hold the joint in place. 

I went through stages where my joint clicked when I walked and also times when it squeaked!!  Thankfully they both went away within a few weeks. 

If you continue to have problems, you may want to mention it to your doctor.

Best of luck as you continue to recoversmile

• Posted

Even though you can't lay on your side yet its best to put a pillows between your knees, this will stop you turning over, if you are walking OK without pain I should worry about dislocation, its very painful and extremely hard to weight bear if you have, you can always ring your consultants secretary and get advice and your PT she/he will know straight away.

Three weeks is very early, baby steps

• Posted

Dear Sue

Sounds exaactly what happened to me a week post op.  Seems it was partial dislocation.  Take great care, I am!!

Cheers

Richard

• Posted

Think you ought to get checked out you don't want to put back all the good recovery . Julie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.