Clindamycin 2%

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi guys,

Just like most of you, I have struggled with bv and now at my wits end. My symptoms started 3 years ago and I have been trying to find a cure ever since. I initially started antibiotic treatments(metronidazole- both oral and intravaginal, etc) when the infection kept coming back I decided to try a variety of different home remedies such as douching with ACV and hydrogen peroxide, putting tea tree oil on my tampon and leaving it for hours only to cause irritation, boric acid(only worked temporarily).. and many more!! Each time I visited the doctor they would tell me "it will always come back, sometimes it just disappears as you get older". "As we age our bodies tend to not react the way it was when we were young so you may have to take medication for life." SERIOUSLY???? I've decided to advocate for myself and help other women suffering along the way.. There's one medication that the doctors have never given me and I've seen a higher cure rate in women that have used it. I decided to ask to be prescribed Clindamycin Phosate 2%. My doctor was reluctant on giving it to me and wanted me try YET AGAIN metronidazole but i was adamant about switching to the clindamycin gel. Not only did the metro gel give me clumpy discharge but the bv came back all the time! I am on day 6 of 7 of clindamycin and I feel better already. I'm praying this is the cure for me.

We're in this together!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.