Clindamycin

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was prescribed Clindamycin in 2008 after having dental treatment that went badly wrong

Within 2 days I was in really bad pain in all but 2 of my joints. I aged before my husbands eyes. I could barely walk, had a bad fever but was too stubborn to go to A&E at the time.

My husband took me to my GP who prescribed really strong steroids to fight the joint pain. I was sent to hospital for a blood test, which test I can't remember. I vaguely remember it was to do with my blood cells and should have been quite low but the result was in triple figures

I have obviously had a severe reaction to Clindamycin

Since then and up to August 2012, if I am prescribed any medication that says in the reaction part of the information, joint pains, I will now get pains in my joints and have to come off the medication.

The reason I am writing is, I would like to know if there is any known long term effects after taking Clindamycin?

I feel I am now more prone to infections and stomach problems.

If you can't help, do you know of any organisation i can get in touch with please?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I know this is older, but I am wondering how you are doing? I was just prescribed this for dental problems and it is causing awful stomach and intestinal issues. I feel awful and my mouth still hurts.
  • Posted

I was put on this Cindamycin had itching all over my body and dizziness, diarrhea, had to be put in hospital for five days sodium bottom out. They told me the same thing I had a severe reaction to it. When I got home I reported it to the FDA. I would also like the answer to the question you ask? so sorry for what you are going through, like you if it says dizziness I can't take.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.