Clindamycin Phosphate 2%

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey so I just finished my week of using clindamycin for BV and it's been about two nights since my last dose but I'm still getting a white discharge so I was wondering if this was normal and if other people experienced it as well as well as how long it took to go away? Also how long did y'all wait to start having sex again? This is my first time using clindamycin so any experiences you guys can share would be so helpful! Also wanted to say that I had absolutely no side effects from the cream although it was rather messy! Thank you!

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Just curious - how would you compare it to metrogel? Are you taking a probiotic with it?

• Posted

It was soooo much better than taking the metrogel because with metro I got a yucky discharge accompanying the few days after I finished it (it wasn't a yest infection, it was kinda rubbery and just the excess metro coming back out) and with this one all that came back out was the white cream and it stopped about 24 hours after I finished the last day. And yes I'm taking a probiotic with it that has 25 billion cultures! Honestly also with metrogel I had a lot of negative side effects with it like I was constantly sick on it but with this one I had no side effects! Definitely recommend it!

• Posted

Just wanted to let y'all know that it has been a few days, and i've had sex along with received oral and no smell still!!! usually I would wake up the next morning with loads of discharge and the fishy smell but I haven't gotten it yet so I still have high hopes! I'll update again in a week or so if it stays away or not!

• Posted

Its yeast probably when u close to finishing the medication u will get a yeast infection boric acid suppositories capsules 3 days get rid of that.

• Posted

your still going to get discharge because the cream is still in you will continue to come out a couple days after your done thats normal

• Posted

i had sex the second night after not using all was fine the cream does expel for a couple of days after i never got yeast infection from it but ok was taking probiotics for vaginal health whilst using the cream an for a month after i havnt had bv for 7 months now so the cream has certainly worked for me no smell nothing also some white discharge can be normal and part of your cycle as mucous thickens

• Posted

How long were you taking probiotics for vaginal health? And were they oral or vaginal?

• Posted

i took oral ones bought off amazon for yeast and bv i took them for about 2 months in total i started them before using the cream and continued after finishing the cream

• Posted

I had unprotected sex last night and woke up without a smell! i'll keep yall updated on whether or not it stays away but i'm so happy so far because no other antibiotic has worked for me yet!!!

• Posted

none worked for me either until i got clindamycin brilliant stuff glad to hear so far so good lets hope it stays like that

• Posted

Hi guys,

can you tell me the brand of clindamycin you used? I heard that different brands are more effective. Someone recommended cleocin to me a few days ago.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.