Clitoral/Urethral Sensitivity & Discomfort - negative for yeast, BV, and uti

Posted , 1 user is following.

TLDR: persistent Itchy/sensitive/burning pain around clitoral region despite negative test and being tested anyway for BV, yeast, and UTI

long post but would REALLY appreciare feedback. About a month ago I noticed a slight discomfort around my clitoral/urethral area and thought I had a UTI coming. Went into an urgent care and tested negative, provider recommended I hydrate, take some cranberry pills, and maybe put a little fungal cream around the area for possible yeast infection (?)

4-5 days later I had a v painful urination episode and went back to test for UTI. It was negative but there was trace amounts of blood in the urine so I was prescribed Macrobid.

Finished the course and still felt the sensitivity. At its worse I sometimes do have a referred kinda bladder pain. I wouldn’t say peeing is necessarily a huge aggravating factor. The area is just sensitive all the time. It almost feels like I wore tight high waisted pants with a rough seam that aggravated the area. Hopefully this is a relatable experience haha.

Anyway, had a urine test done again, but this time also requested a vaginal exam. Urine came back negative, slightly more trace amount of blood. The PA who did my vaginal exam said that my cervix looked irritated and they did see a bit of discharge. They had me picked up the one time antibiotic for BV and yeast cream & had me start the yeast cream while I waited for my results.

I did notice some improvement of the referred bladder pain with the yeast cream, but still that superficial itchy/sensitive/sharp sensation. My results came and they were all negative, but I was advised to finish the course of cream and take the BV pill.

After all this, I feel the sensation still and I do feel it’s starting to worsen again. I have been wearing loose clothing, breathable to no underwear, avoiding sex, and having good hygiene. I plan to try and make an appointment with a GYN but I’m just bothered by this and anxious 😦

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.