Clobetasol side effects and exercise?

Posted , 13 users are following.

I was diagnosed with LS two days ago and am confused and concerned. I am 41 and was seeing a new Gyno and she was not super helpful or informative. She prescribed Clobetasol Propionate which I'm reading is very common treatment but the side effects sound awful (I haven't started using it yet.) Not to mention that the packaging says not to use it in the vaginal area?! I guess I will have to try it but I'm mainly concerned about it causing every day discomfort worse than the condition itself (I have no itching and only seem to experience a little pain when trying to insert a tampon, it's not that bad though.) I recently started working out again after a hiatus to lose some weight. I'm concerned that I will start using this cream and won't be able to work out for a month or longer or that exercise in general will make the condition worse. Does anyone have any experience with this? 

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am really interested too about the effects of exersise or any physical activity. I've read many posts suggesting the use of ice packs to relieve symptoms. Does this suggest that getting hot and sweaty too often causes problems.  I live in the tropics so there is only a couple of months in each year when I'm not hot and sweaty, without exersise.

• Posted

My gynacologist took great pains to explain to me the importance of keeping cool i.e don't wear trousers, only cotton underwear or nothing.  She didn't tell me exactly why that was important but just suggested that it promoted good vaginal and vulva health.

• Posted

Clobetasol has been a life saver for me.  I had some of the same qualms as you when I was first diagnosed and was not using enough.  I now only have to use it when I have a breakout and it will usually clear up in a couple of weeks.  The problem now is that the price of Clobetasol has more than tripled. I am very worried about that.
  • Posted

Hi,

i exercise every day I don't use the clob now only flare ups now.  I got told to give exercise up by one person and then another dr said it won't matter, who do you believe.  I said giving up exercise will have a bad effect on my health, being make my depression worse not to mention cholesterol.  I trust myself and how I feel now x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.