Clogged ear/bad hearing for almost six months

Posted , 4 users are following.

First off i am 17

I started having this issue shortly after when i moved to canada. It started with a bit of tinnitus (ear buzz) and bad hearing. Later on i had occasional ear pain. I visited a clinic and the doctor gave me some nasal sprays and steroid pills but it didnt help. Later, i took a hearing test and it showed that there is no problem with my middle ear and ear drum. Then i tried visiting a family doctor. She gave me some more nasal sprays but that didnt work either. I visited a dentist. He said that there might be a problem with my TMJ, so he gave me a nightguard that i've been using for 1-2 months and still no result. And i have occasional ear pain and tinnitus. Sometimes it feels like the fullness is more in the right ear but still the pain and tinnitus happens in both ears.

I must say that i am in a very depressed state at the moment and any help/advice is appreciated.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like Tinnits AND ETD, eustation tube dysfunction. .so sorry you have this all at such a young age. I believe the two go hand in hand..not a whole lot to do but what ya doing..all I could advise is research, research!! I've had them both for 2 yrs now..well, ETD came in past yr I guess, but I was just diagnosed with it a few months ago..Pray they soon find a cure. So many of us have this..

• Posted

Thanks for the advice terrie 

The only thing that calms me now is knowing that im not the only one with this problem 

• Posted

I had the same issues a few years ago it was Eustachian Tube Dysfunction.  Changing your diet might help.  I changed mine to dairy free/gluten free and my ears have been good for over a year now.  
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice linda

Sounds weird how diet might relate to ears bu i'll give it a try

• Posted

You’re welcome.  I thought it was weird to when I first heard about it so I hesitated to do it for a few months.  But when I finally changed my diet it made a huge difference.  Drinking lots of water helps to keep whatever might be stuck in the Eustachian tube moving out of your ear to.  
    • Posted

It took at least a few months or so for me to notice the difference.  I use to drink a lot of sodas to and I had to stop that.  I just drink juice and water now.
  • Posted

Update: i went to a children hospital and the doctor said get rid of all the caffeine from your diet and use the nightguard more often. I'll do them and I will give more updates about my condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.