Clonazepam

Posted , 7 users are following.

i was perscribed one or two .50 a day for anxiety and panic. last night i had a quarter and fell asleep pretty fast,anxiety free. A few hours ago took half a pill and am in a cloud/fog. my vision seems foggy and thats ine thing that makes my anxiety spike. im drowsy too. is this normal? Still anxious, tired but fidgety.

WAS IT like this when you started? if youve taken it of course before.. will it het better?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

If I knew then what I know now, I would never have started the Clon.Withdrawals were horrendous, and also post withdrawals have turned protracted.

Please research before you continue taking this devil

• Posted

I don't know what your doctor has told you or warned you about Klonopin - it is a part of a large group pf drugs called benzodiazepines, benzos for short. It is very easy to become dependent on benzos and even the manufacturer's leaflet will advise that they should be taken for short periods only. They alter your brain chemistry. While you are taking Klonopin you should be taking a consistent dose and at a consistent time so that you don't upset your brain chemistry further. Benzos are drugs that you should take very seriously - you are already beginning to feel the effects of what they can do. I strongly suggest that you educate yourself about what you are taking. Heather Ashton is an authority on these drugs and has helped 1000's of people including me

• Posted

Coby, thank you and yeah i know,ive been on them before.. first few times very responsibly and cut down abd went off on my own and the last time i was on xanax,only a few months,i was cut off and had to cold turkey..a low amount but still suffered withdraws for a few weeks. Said i would never touch them again...unfortunately im having the worst time ever and cant cope and function.. so..

• Posted

Potent stuff clonazepam Mary. You can see my post on it if you like. I am in big trouble with it.

Yes your symptoms are the same as me. Google Stevie Nicks Klonopin to read about her experience with clonazepam.

Wally

• Posted

Stevie Nick's story is what convinced me to get off over 4 years ago. i almost died during my first attempt to quit.

• Posted

This stuff is a monster, for certain. I was placed on Xanax 3 x a day circa 1994,

then switched to Klonopin(Clonazpem) a year or two later. I am working my way down

from 4 1mg a day presently, and it's probably most brutal experience I have ever had.

All I can suggest is to exercise as much as u can, and pray for strength if this helps you. My family has history addiction-issues, and I should never been placed on anything like this. Please warn everyone to research whatever any doctor wants them to begin taking regularly, people. They will spare themselves a world of misery quite likely -- but we did not have any internet access at that period, else I would never have allowed such substances into my system. Wish I could be more encouraging, but withdrawal can last quite some time, I understand.

• Posted

I loved my clonazepam when I started taking it. Then i slowly had to up my dose to get the same effect. Then my behavior started changing and I was having inter-dose withdrawal. When I realized I needed to get off, I went through sheer hell, and almost didn't make it due to seizures during my first attempt at quitting.

Four years after I quit I still have cognitive problems, peripheral neuropathy, adrenaline surges which feel like panic attacks and sleep problems.

Take everyone's advice and don't use benzos.

• Posted

This is or Mary, and Liz both. I am familiar with Stevie Nicks experience with clonazepam, although it possibly should be kept in mind she used just about every other substance out there as well.

In my own case, I have been on either Xanax or Clonazepem so long, I may nit be able to ever get off of it, frankly, given changes to my brain chemistry. I also had unfortunate experiences with just about every antidepressant on the market, but got clean from those. i do not have a very supportive situation, to be blunt, although it does tend to help me deal with stress although not nearly as much as when it was new to me. I resent the medical establishment making an "accidental addict" of me all the same, and try to warn away all that I can from this class of, to me, poisons, and the good thing is most doctors around 50 or under won't prescribe them any longer. I DO feel those who wish to keep taking them should not be forced to quit them if the withdrawals are too much for them -- they have been abused enough by the "system" as matters stand. Illegal use if these drugs is common even in a rural area like mine as well, am sorry to have to add. It was a terrible error ever giving regular MD's ability to prescribe these things, or antidepressants.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.