Clonidine

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 56, last period June 2014, and I've just been prescribed clonidine for menopause sweats. Is there anyone on this forum who taken it, do you have any advice on its effectiveness, side effects etc? How long does it take to kick in? I'm so tired from having broken sleep that I'm feeling quite low and anxious.

I've been posting on knee problem forum after having a new plastic knee cap and metal trochlea in March this year, but I've also been suffering menopausal symptoms and have fibromyalgia too. Who'd be a woman lol?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pam

I have been prescribed these but haven't taken them yet as in epileptic and want to check them out so I would be interested if anyone replies to yours too

Lesley

• Posted

As if your knee isn't trouble enough! rolleyes

I would be interested to see any answers to this one myself.

Had a hysterectomy 5 weeks ago, and have had pretty bad night sweats and flushes since (instant menopause!). I only sleep about 2 hours at a time...getting a bit tired now.

• Posted

Hi Pam,

I suffer with the sweats and have tried different things including the clonidine but nothing has worked for me! Sorry for the negative response. I didnt have any side effects but it just didnt help me wotsoever.

You may be different and it could work for you. No harm in trying it. I think i was told the only side effect is it lowers your bp.

Good luck,

Elaine.

• Posted

Not a bad thing if you have a healthy BP to start with. wink

• Posted

If you've a good bp and it lowers it then you could end up fainting! Wouldn't fancy that every day! I suffered with low bp when i was pregnant and kept passing out on everyone! :0

Didn't make me anymore depressed than i already am! Although i wouldn't say im that depressed really!

• Posted

Hi Pam. I tried a natural herb called Hesperidan for sweats.   Worked great! 

Found it online at eBay.    

• Posted

I've now been told that these can make you feel depressed..... has anyone experienced this? I'm already feeling low......dont want to go any lower! 
  • Posted

Hi pam I know this post was a while ago but im just wondering whetherr you tried the clonidine? I was considering asking for it instead of propranolol... 2 reasons really. First to help with my hot flushes and night sweats but I also suffer horrendous anxiety and ive heard that it can be used off label for that. Im already on citalopram for anxiety and depression but I feel I need something else on top of it

Alison

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.