Clopidogrel+apixaban

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi can anyone put my mind at ease. Had a stent fitted  4 weeks ago so was put on clopidogrel, aspirin and bisoprolol. I’ve now been diagnosed with a/fib and have been put on apixaban 5mg x2. Am petrified as have read possible side effects. As only 1 stent implanted don’t know weather to take the risk and come off clopidogrel. Also seems I was possibly suffering from a fib for quiet a while without knowing it. “”No medication was taken then. Cardiologist said I’m on low risk of blood clots anyway due to medical history. Would love to hear from people on same meds for advice

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

This my story. 18 months  ago I was fitted with  stents. (one in April and 2 in August). went on Clopidogrel, Apixaban  and aspirin.   and BP meds ...Aspirin was stopped after a month. Clopidogrel after a year(from August) and the Apixaban was continued until last March when at a checkup the consultant raised it from 2.5mg twice a day to 5mg twice a day. My weight flew up immediately so  local doc changed this to Epoxaban(Lixiana)..60mg..I still see no weight loss just  steady which is too high.Another side effect since March is swollen ankles in this hot weather......Was advised to restart Furosimide which Consultant had stopped. in March. All very confusing...I do have Afib...but notice that some of these  meds actually list irregular heartbeat  in their side effects.!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.