Closed mouth screaming during seizure?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was recently diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at 20 years old. There is no genetic history of the disease in my family, so the diagnosis came to quite a surprise.

I was at a friend's house party when I started having a seizure. My best friend called 911 - thank god. After keeping me in the hospital for 2 weeks, the doctors discovered that i was drugged at the party, overdosed, and on top of that, I was an undiagnosed type 1 diabetic.

There are many questions i have about that night that i probably wont get an answer to... However, I'm hoping someone can help answer this:

Are seizures a common symptom of an overdose? what about screaming while your mouth is closed?

my friend described mg seizure saying: "your eyes were rolling back, you lost control over tour bladder, and you were screaming so so loudly but your mouth was closed. You couldn't open it"

I'm just trying to get some clarity and piece this situation together... Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.