Clotrimazole-Betamethason and Aloe Vera

Posted , 2 users are following.

My periodontist prescribed Clotrimazole-Betamethason for years for when my OLP is in an active cycle. It helps somewhat but the side effects make my lips very dry and chapped. Lately the cycle has lasted longer, more lacy areas in the back of my mouth, blisters, and occasional ulcers on the gums above my teeth. I've lived with this for 7 years but starting to get annoyed that nothing seems to really work. I've tried home remedies including aloe vera, but the gel says not to be taken internally. Does anyone know if it's safe to just rub the gel on my inflamed gums? I've gone up and down with this condition. Sometimes I adapt quite well but lately I feel rather hopeless and wonder what the future holds.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Im sorry that youre struggling, OLP is awful and so far I havent found anything that works. Steroids dont do anything for me symptom-wise. I think you can get aloe vera products safe for use in your mouth

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.