Clotting

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies. I’m 52 beennin peti about 3 years but the last 6 months my periods have been longer apart like 45 days between very heavy the first 2-3 days but last about 8-10 days most days very light but have clotting and lower back and hip pain. Has anyone else had this? My anxiety is through the roof too!! I’m so stressed out over this!! 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sorry typo.. been in peri for 3 years 
  • Posted

Hi Brittany,

I had big clots, I’m almost certain it’s normal ! I actually did t take too much notice of it . . . That was over 2 years ago, it just stopped once they got further and further apart . . .  Have heard many say the same ! No need to worry I’m sure, but if it concerns you get it checked xxx

• Posted

Dear Brittay

Im post meno (54 now) it's quite normal, I firstly in peri had a few heavy clotting periods (unusual for me at the time) and then I had long spotting periods, it was the first sign for me that I was going through the change. I think any change for us ladies is stressfull but I will warn you, this may be the start of more anxieties to come, I had many in peri which again is normal, every little thing will make you think you are dying! But I can safely say it does get better and hang in there, I have had alot of the symptoms in peri and get the odd one still in post menopause, anxiety and panic attacks followed my strange periods and gastitis, so dont panic if you experience these! Gastitis caused weight loss and appetite, so you can imagine what I was wondering was wrong with me! My advice is to stay on this forum it reqlly helped me but if you are really worried and concerned get checked out for your peace of mind x

• Posted

Thats OK, it's quite a scary lonely time at times menopause but the anxiety and health anxiety gets better over time x

• Posted

Hi there,

I am 55 and for a couple of years my periods were very heavy with clots.  I know its tmi,sorry sad i would gush just walking, getting up from sitting, laughing.  I started to think that the pads nowadays were garbage.  They would also seem to take forever to start a flow, except if I had sex then it would come down, sorry again. I happen to mention to my gyno that my periods start with a brownish discharge- she said to count that as day.  I hadn't been.  Two months ago i had a 10 day period -brownish then really light just 1 little clot.  I have already missed 2 cycles, so I think I m inching closer, can you imagine at 55?

• Posted

Hi!! Thank you for sharing!!!  I have gushing too. This last period was the first I did that!! It’s horroble! Also take a long time to flow and sex usually will bring it. Sorry tmi!! I can’t believe this can go on for years!! Ughhhhh..  🤨

• Posted

Hi Brittany my advice is go see your gynecologist because i had the same problem and i later found out that i have  fibrods.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.