clotty period? Strange looking when I pee

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey everyone, 

So let me start by saying that my period is always very regular. I have pms for a few days before my period which shows up as breast tenderness, restless legs, sometimes upset stomach. Other than that, my actual period is always very normal and healthy looking.

... or was up until last month.

A little over a month ago I started having some pain/discomfort on my left rib on and off, and I had a sense of fullness in my stomach especially right after eating (even just a few spoonfuls). Then one day the pain on left rib never went away. 

At the same time that that happened, I got my period. I noticed that it wasn’t normal as always. I pretty much only “bled” when I went to pee. I put that in quotation marks because the blood didn’t look normal. It just looked like red debris floating in the toilet. And then normal blood when I wiped myself.

This happened for two days, then my period took a 24 hour break (which has never happened to me), then came back for another two days and it was the same, red debris in pee.

A few days later I went to the doctor for a physical and they did blood and urine tests. They both came back normal other than very low vitamin D. So the doctor prescribed supplements. 

As for the rib pain she sent me for a breath test to see if I had a virus and came back negative.

The rib pain started going away slowly over the course of the month (sometimes I can feel it very faintly but almost all gone now), then one day I noticed a swollen lymph node on top of my collarbone on the left side and started having pain in my left breast that would radiate to my armpit and down the arm, which takes us to today. I’ve been having that pain for a week.

As soon as I started feeling it last week I went to see the doctor again. She told me that it could be a hormonal imbalance and sent me for x rays for my spine (?). As for the lymph node she said not to worry about it and it would go down on its own.

So anyway, a day and a half ago I started having some sort of spotting so I started thinking that maybe the breast pain could be a symptom of my pms just worse than usual.

This morning I got my period and it’s the same as last time! Red debris in my pee. 

Is this normal? 

The dr knows that my period wasn’t normal last time but doesn’t know the details. She did say that the breast pain could be hormonal so maybe the weird period is hormonal also? 

Does anyone have experience with this? 

I’m becoming pretty health anxious, especially because I haven’t lost or gained weight, haven’t changed diets, I’m definitely not pregnant, I am 27 years old and not overweight and keep myself fairly active. I am under some stress but I’ve been dealing with this for so long! I seriously don’t know what to do. My doctor doesn’t seem concerned and I don’t feel heard... I mean she sent me for spinal x rays! What does that have to do with anything? 

Anyway, any input at all is welcomed and highly appreciated! I’m at my wits end :’(

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.