Clouding after cataract surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went to my appointment yesterday to see if I needed Laser surgery as I've got clouding in my right eye, the surgeon said Laser may not help as I have a problem with the membrane behind my eye and recommended surgery. (I had cataract surgery in March 2017) he gave me 2 choices. Surgery or Laser...I opted to try Laser first. Has anyone had the surgery, if so, what was it like, am rather worried as surgeon said recovery from surgery is usually about a month but if there are any complications it could be 6 months..I'm in the UK....

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Barbara, is it an epiretinal membrane?

I also had my cataract done in March 2017 & my Consultant told me last year that I have an epiretinal membrane & might need a vitrectomy, which I am avoiding for as long as I can.

I'll post a link in case it is what you have.

• Posted

Hi mrsmop., thank you for sending the link, I had scans done yesterday on both eyes as had both done..the left eye is fine and the surgeon showed me the scans...the first one was of my left eye and showed an image that looked a bit like the road sign for uneven road and the right one was flat, so not sure if it's the same as what is in the link, but the surgeon said they should both look like the left eye

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.