cloudy frothy urine NO protein present....

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi,

i brought in a sample of my sons urine which looked cloudy and frothy, almost like someone added washing up liquid. the doctor said imediately its protein but was floored when the dip stick was negative. he said his kidney felt enlarged (waiting for scan) and hed have to look into what could cause the urine to look that way if its not protein.

anyone have any ideas???

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Una, cloudy urine can be q sign of a urine infection - did the Dr send the specimen off to the Lab for analysing?
    • Posted

Hi,

yes no infection. nothing showing up in urine analysis. low creatinine levels showed in blood test is all.

completely stumped 🤔😯

• Posted

Over to the experts then, Una, and hopefully they will investigate and be able to reassure you that all is well.  Meanwhile, plenty of water - even if you have to nag him, bless him!  My cloudy urine earlier this year turned out to be a silent UTI, but then after two more UTIs, an ultrasound showed a grey area on my bladder, which a subsequent operation proved to be a benign polyp.That was all 7 weeks ago but some cloudiness returned yesterday (I was guilty of not drinking much!) so I'm upping the water intake today and crossing everything.  Good luck to your son, and to you - very worrying for Mums.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.