cloudy smear tests

Posted , 3 users are following.

my last two smear tests 3 months apart have both come back as too cloudy to check and needs to be repeated in 3 months time when the cells grow back, I am worried what this could indicate, I have always had really heavy periods and get lots of stomach pain with my periods

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there....really don't worry about it at all. It just happens like that sometimes. I am sure you will worry but I have had similar and was fine. Its not ideal but sometimes it can be to down to you just about to start your period and they can't see the cells properly.Hope this helps you a bit xxx

• Posted

Please dont worry...it means exactly what has been stated. The material for testing was too cloudy.  If it was abnormal at all it would have been stated as such.   It could be the time of the month when it was taken and there was lots of mucus around the cervix.  This happens to lots of women.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.