cloudy vision after cataract surgury

Posted , 5 users are following.

Immediately after cataract surgery (2 years ago) I had a foggy or cloudy vision and colors are not as vivid as they were.  I've never been able to see as good as I did before surgery. The cataracts were not severe, they wanted to do to do so they could put Istents in to get my glaucoma pressure down. They have done the yag surgery, and I have been to several doctors, Duke, Johnson city eye, a doctor from Knoxville and Tn, Kingsport regional eye. Not one of them can find anything wrong. I also had stigmatism . I got the corrective sight vision lens. Has anyone else had this?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Would you have faulty lenses? Read my posts....
    • Posted

The only thought I have is that possibly the lens implanted by your doctor was not the correct strength that you needed.  Also, I have been told that in order to correct astigmatism you need a Toric lens. I’m certainly no expert, but just my thoughts.
    • Posted

Dealbreaker, I have brought that up and The doctors don't think so.Deal, that is exactly what I thought. thanks

• Posted

Phillis, I will be going back to the doctor in a little while, I'll bring that up. Thanks

• Posted

Dealbreaker, I read your posts. Every doctor I have seen says the lens are clear. Like you I seem to have a milky film, or smoky film over my eyes . Thanks 
  • Posted

Had the very same issues after cataract surgery as well as astigmatism, yag but not glocoma. It took almost a full year to get better. Give it time sometimes cataract surgery can throw us for a loop. I still have worse vision in the op eye than before cataract surgery. My sight was very frustrating for many months after surgery and like you no one would seem to give any explanation why. I’m thinking the lense as inserted wrong as they did not use a stigmatism lense the first time had a second surgery a few weeks after to insert a stigamatism lense still so bad I could not see a sign two feet in front of me 4” letters all blurred. That however has corrected itself with time. My eye ran loosing fluids for weeks no one seemed to offer any explanation in my case either. Very very frustrating! Need surgery in other eye and not willing to have a new lense placed until the capsule has clouded and  limited my sight, I will wait .

I wear glasses for night vision and to read.far vision is bad need to wear special glasses for double vision.  My sight has never improved since surgery. 

Very sorry to read that you have had a similar experience. 

• Posted

Hope,That is what the doctor says he said that he had never saw cloudy vision last this long. I believe that he said that he had done over 30,000 operations

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.