Cloudy Vision and Other Symptoms.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I've been having some vision issues for the past month. I'm a male, 28 years old. I have never really had any eye issues besides intermittent eye strain when I used the computer or played video games for too long. I sit in front of a computer for most of my work day.

Around a month ago, I developed what I thought was eye strain again, so I took a break from looking at screens for a couple days, which generally fixes the issue. My eyes were not getting any better, so I started using drops. I used Clear Eyes Triple Action and some cheaper artificial tears. Not being an expert, I dropped these right onto my eyes instead of my eye lids or the corner of my eyes, which generally sent a shock to my system when they hit my eye. I was experiencing blurred vision (especially in my right eye), an inability to focus, occassional dizziness, and what felt like swelling. I also tried some eye exercises for about a week, which just made me dizzier, so I stopped doing them.

A couple of weeks ago, I ran out of the clear eyes, and I picked up some Visine Tired Eye. I used these twice a day for 2 days, and on the last dosage, I looked up at my kitchen, and it looked like the room was full of smoke. Ever since then, I've been having cloudy vision and what seems like a hard time adjusting to light. It also seems like some colors are washed out and colors are not as deep as they once were.

Last week, I went to the optometrist, and they did a bunch of tests on my eyes. I have astigmatism in both eyes, which is worse in the right (20/30 and 20/25 in the left). She also found a very small spot of inflammation on my left cornea. I was prescribed steroid/antibiotic drops for a week, which I'm nearly finished with. The cloudiness seems to be going up and down. One say it will seem better, and the next it is worse again. My eyes are also extremely red and sometimes mucousy in the morning.

I will be getting my glasses on Tuesday and I have another test for my optic nerves a week after that. My question is, has anyone ever experienced anything close to this? Is this normal with astigmatism? Can anyone help me figure out what is going on? I haven't had a blood test done, but I'm pretty sure I'm not diabetic. i have no other symptoms of that. Thanks in advance!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I also had smoked vision and I immediately went to ER and the doctor prescribed me with prednisone and some drops. Then about a week ago was diagnosed with conjuctivits and blepharitis and some days are better or worse. I've had this for the past three weeks and it's driving me crazy. My eye doctor said my eyes looked perfect except the crusty things I have around my lashes. 
    • Posted

I'm also having good days and bad days. Lately, I've been having even more blurred vision and have felt a lot of pressure in my eyes. I won't be getting my glasses for another couple of weeks and I have a test for my ocular nerves in about 1 week. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything helpful that might benefit you and I hope you will do the same.
    • Posted

Try taking a shower with steam. I've noticed this really helps me a lot and feel my eyes so much better, but then as soon as I start watching tv or in my computer I start feeling the same. I don't need glasses, but I'm guessing it has to do with the blepharitis.
    • Posted

I have my next check up in two weeks and I've been so paranoid 

• Posted

The wait is what's killing me. The glasses might help, but I won't know for 2 weeks. I may have something wrong with my optic nerves that needs checked out, but I have to wait a week. Meanwhile, I'm having a hard time just doing my daily activities without a lot of discomfort and paranoia about what I may have wrong with me. The severe lack of information on the topic online also is bothering me. If I knew what the problem was, at least I would have some peace of mind and might be able to do something about it. Not knowing and just trying to deal with it is very hard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.