Clubbing - Looking for expert suggestion or Medicine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, i am wondering if anyone can help me, i am looking to see if i can find treatment for finger nail clubbing in this developed world where there is treatment for any kind of disaese, i am 25 yrs old, i have severe clubbing in my nails, visited many doctors, there was no use..inturn says there is no treatment..hope anyone of the experts may reply abt treatment and i have read on this patient uk website that there is, can someone guide me please.

Thank you

Rajesh.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hiya ive had finger clubbing for 2 yrs now and no there is not treatment for it.finger clubbing is a symptom of an underlying disease u may not not u have.do u have any health problems ie-gastric,chest,muscle or any other medical issues?if so them that could possibly be connected with the finger clubbing.i got diagnosed with ibs 4 yrs ago but now have lots of gastric problems which am seeing a specilist for my diagnoes of crohns disease.i hope this helps u a bit
  • Posted

hi,

I don't know if this is of any help, but I had finger clubbing last year before I was diagnosed with pernicious anaemia...an auto immune disease of the gastric system. I have been recieving Vit B12 injections since April 2010 and my fingers and nails are now back to normal, so worth getting that checked :wink:

best wishes, pauline.

• Posted

hi i have consulted doctor about finger clubbing. I dnt believe i have any underlying problem. get weakness in kidneys and had blood (kidney stone) traces in urine.

Is there any help for the clubbing? do b12 vitamins help?

• Posted

Did you find out what is causing the finger clubbing? I also have clubbed fingers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.