Cluster of Lymph Nodes on Neck/Swollen Tonsils

Posted , 3 users are following.

My son is almost 5 years old. He has had a cluster of roughly 5 nodes  on the right side of his neck for 3 years. The nodes have not ever gotten larger, but they are visible when he turns his neck or when he gets upset. They do seem fixed in place, but I’m not 100% sure I know how to completely tell. As far as hard/rubbery, I’m not sure how to tell that either. They are firm, for sure. The doctor has never said anything about them. I also noticed that his tonsils are huge! This is not something caused by any recent infection or even Strep. Googling swollen nodes and enlarged tonsils only shows results for tonsillitis and strep. I am worried this could be something very serious. I plan on scheduling him another appointment as soon as our insurance is reinstated but thought I’d ask opinions in the meantime.  Thanks!

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Also wanted to add that his nodes are further back on the right side of his neck. I don’t know if it is relative that they are not in the typical spot known for swollen nodes, especially during a Strep infection. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.