Cmht assessment letter

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wondered if anyone knows if gps really read letters sent from cmht with assessment and diagnosis..do they even have the time or just stick it on the system....any thoughts

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I always check if they've received it and, a number of times, they have read it in my presence and discussed the findings. I've found as I've got older that, if you expect something from the NHS, you have to be politely assertive. I think most people could manage 'Did you get a letter from the CMHT? What did it say?' Having said that, certainly in the last 3 years, I have received my own copy through the post. Is this not usual?

• Posted

Yes, got my own copy, but wondered if she would read it as it was 3 pages long
    • Posted

There's your cue. Take it with you tomorrow (sorry if I sound like a nagging mum) and use it. Choose something they say in the letter and link your self harming to it. She will have to read it in your presence if she hasn't read it already. Two birds felled with one stone?

I do know in my practice, they have a rota for reading correspondence (seen it on display) for GPs off duty so I reckon they must read it all, probably why there's so little time for face to face with patients!

• Posted

Ah ok. Shes the one who has been supporting me so hope she reads it. Letter sais no self harm so maybe I will explain that that is actually not quite correct...

Thank you

• Posted

Go K! I hope for positive feedback tomorrow. Good luck. I'll think of you.

• Posted

They will read it probably if you goto seem about it, but generally they won't really get involved with mental health issues unless the cmht has asked them to do something specific. Don't expect a gp to be too bothered, they don't really care much about mental health issues unless they are forced to, it's not their specialty

• Posted

Ah..well this gp seemed concerned last week 😐 she has special interest in mh.... 😕 she is prescribing me medication which psychiatrist asked her to do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.