cml?

Posted , 2 users are following.

a few yrs ago I had lost a lot of kilos had constant fever etc. docs were sure it was cancer. blood tests showed very high and immature platelets and high wbc. they gave me some chemo pills(they said blood cancer but didnt know what...I live in a third world countrycup) and monitored me. a few months later my blood was ok. they didnt do a bone marrow biopsy. I still have high platelets but its not ET.

could it be cml?does it cause high platelets?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi tiana. I have polycythemia Vera and the very first symptom is High red blood count and maybe also high white blood count. I also sweat a lot when I clean or do any vigorous exercise. I was diagnosed about 11 yrs ago, and with meds etc, have lived a normal life. It's a rare disease, and maybe you don't have it. However, you could be referred to a hematologist who would know how to test for it. It's a simple blood test. Hope you get diagnosed, best wishes, harrishill

• Posted

hi, i hope youre doing ok and they are managing your condition.

i dont have PV, i dont have ET. its been nearly a decade they cannot find out whats wrong. could someone though develop cml and then have normal range white cells?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.