Co-codamol

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have been taking Citalopram 10mg for 4 months and now have severe muscle spasm in my back muscles.

Can I take co-codamol while still using  Citalopram?

Thanks for any replies.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Roy,

I have been on both but not at the same time.

Co-codamol is a painkiller but unfortunately the main side effect is constipation.

Citalopram, as you know, is an anti-depressant.

I think it's best if you ask your doctor if it's advisable to take these both at the same time and, if so, is your muscle pain linked to this?

Hope this helps.

Take care,

Zoe

• Posted

Hi roy i take both and have been for months and has been fine for me. I now though have been put on amityaline 10mg for athritus and nerve pain but since i been on im tired all the time and my muscles have hurt more is this normal does anyone know.
  • Posted

Hi Roy,

Please speak to your pharmacist, you can always just give them a call if that's easier and they can help you. I know this doesn't answer your question, but people on this forum are definitely not qualified to be giving medicinal advice, especially with these kinds of medication! 

• Posted

When i started on cit the pharmacist actually said co-codemol can help with the spaced out feeling. This is just my story and I am not in any way qualified to say yes or no
  • Posted

Hi I wouldn't mixs them. I found they made me feel light headed. Check first
  • Posted

I got in touch with the local chemist and their advice was not to take them both unless advised by a GP.

Therefore contacted my GP and he advised that they are Ok together.

Still feel a bit unsure, will see how painful my back becomes.

• Posted

Hi Roy,

I have taken Cit and co codamol together without any issues.

if you are really worried, might I suggest you use a TENS maching to relieve tha pain. You can buy one from you chemist. 

Good luck smile

Regards

Marcel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.