Co codamol

Posted , 4 users are following.

ive spent the past four days in hell after stopping co codamol, is there anyone out there in the same boat or can give me some information or support please? 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Well done Lynda....I came off them last year..yes I went through what you did....each day will get better. .I promise.. it might not be much help at the moment...but trust me you can do it...I found keeping busy helped took my mind off it a bit...good luck ..feel free to contact me anytime x

• Posted

Hi Anne,

thanks for for your kind words of support.

i live alone and think I should be in hospital. Can eat, think, 

• Posted

straight my days are torture, absolute tourtière. Head wants to explode, mentally unstable, angry, crying all day never felt so mentally unstable in my life. Body aches, head aches my god I don't know how I cope with this much longer. 

• Posted

Hi Lynda,

I also am on day 4 of stopping codeine. For me, the mental symptoms are worse. I take other medications like anti-depressants and I am convinced that the codieine was interacting with them and making me feel worse. 

What sort of symptoms are you having? 

Sean

• Posted

Hi Sean, 

can't sleep, eat or think straight. My days are torturous and my whole body aches. Less less legs, restless body and my brain is about to explode with anxiety. Crying all day (I live alone) I think I should be in Hospital. Screaming and shouting at my poor dog. I've been on eight co codamol a day for years. Don't know if I can get through another day of this hell. How are you feeling? 

• Posted

Hi Lynda

Well done! 4 days is quite an acheivement. There are so many side effects to going cold turkey off this rubbish. Gastric, sneezing, itchy throat, runny nose, restless legs etc etc are all part of it. You have come this far, dont go back. First time I tried c.t it was hell and hard to handle especially at work. I successfully tapered off the 2nd time and was off them for 2 years. Last year I got caught in the cycle again due to travel, causing back pain, abcess on my tooth and the dentist dislocating my jaw. I was up there again with my intake except this time it was Mersyndol night, nurofen plus and pandeine extra trying to kill the pain. I discovered and it may be different for others, that it was the ibuprofen in the nurofen plus for me causing the dramas. I can take or leave the other 2, wothout a second thought.

• Posted

Didi,

thanks for for your kind support. My head feels like it's goin to explode, I'm crying all day can't sleep, eat or think. I live alone and my poor dog is getting the rough end of my younger...poor boy. I've also stopped. expect for one tablet at night...gabapentine. I've had two back operations for a disc removal. Don't know if I can get through today so ill mentally and physically. 

• Posted

Hi Lynda

It is hard, thats how I got on them as well. I still have back pain but get by with panadol these days. Flare ups i need a bit more. Gabapentine, are you on Lyrica?

• Posted

Hi Didi,

i was taking co codamol and gabapentine, amitriptylne for years and years. I never felt a height just took them when my back was really painful. Day five, I've stopped the co codamol and only take me new gabapentine at night because I'm in so much pain but will drop that off when I can. No life with all the mood swings I've had over the years. I think if you take eight co codamol a day then vary that does any other days you are always the n a state of withdrawal. What do you think? X

• Posted

Hi Lynda

it is hard to say because we are all different. Do you google your medications before taking them? I urge everyone to do this so they know exactly what to expect and what they are used for. Amitryptailine is an antidepressant and gabpetin is an antiseizure drug. I was prescribed Lyrica, which has horrible side effects, which is why I asked what you had been prescribed. We are all different on a cellular level so we will all react differently.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.