Co codamol addiction how do I tapper off? X

Posted , 6 users are following.

Wondering if anyone can help me. I've been taking co codamol 30/500 for over 10 years. I take 6 a day. I feel I can't function without them but today I've decided I need get off them. ( Today I've taken 3) but that coz I never woke up till 1.

So can anyone tell me what is the best way to tapper off these ??

I hope someone can help me start my journey.

Don't remember the last time I only took 3 a day so suppose I've started but just wondering if this is ok and how do I tapper ?

Hope everyone is ok thanks xxx

0 likes, 74 replies

74 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

So that's me home from work and rite about now I'm due 2. But going to try hold off till 9 and take just 1. God I feel this is going to be hard ! My body is so used to 2 every 4 hours for over 10 years.

Just going to sit on my phone for a bit take my mind off it lol xx

• Posted

You are doing so well Carla. Just to even be able to work is amazing. Keep going xx
    • Posted

Keep busy. Take a bath. Warch a good film. Try not to dwell on it and another day will pass x Drew
    • Posted

Thanks, yeah I'm working ok coz I take 2 in morn & took 2 at 2pm now I'm feeling I need another 2 arghhhhhhhhhhh!

Ok I'm going to sit on this for a bit get a bath and watch a film then take 1 later then that's 5 a day and next week will cut down to 4 a day . ( Dreading that)

I suffer with anxiety too so I think I feel like when I take 2 it's helps my anxiety which it prob is making me worst waiting to take my next hit. Nightmare! How are you today ?

• Posted

You are doing well. I couldn't even answer the phone, let alone work. Keep strong. Watch one of your favourite movies, eat your favourite food... anything but the tablets  xxx Drew

• Posted

Have u came off them or are you doing the same ? X
    • Posted

No, not yet. I did taper but the time for me was wrong. I couldn't function properly by the 3rd day. I needed to work so I started again. I am planning to do it again soon when I can get two clear weeks... no work, no phones, no family responsibilities if possible. I am also considering going cold turkey x Drew

• Posted

I know the feeling ! I'm dreading work mode on no pills . Can only try rolleyes xx

Let's do this !

• Posted

You can do it Carla. You seem to be able to do quite a lot. Don't let your mind tell you that you need this stuff. Hope you cooked something nice xx Drew

• Posted

Hi Carla. How are you doing today? I hope you're good x Drew

• Posted

Well that post will probably be deleted because I mentioned a product name.

Its your head telling you thatv you need more to stop the feeling of well feeling crap. But you know that now.

I took hay fever tablets for the anxiety. Worked OK for me. 3 a day. Gave me a dry nose though. Something to consider using if your not going to the gp for anxiety medication. X Mark

• Posted

Yeah totally is in the head,.

I'm on anti anxiety tablets wen needed & on mirtazapine at night.

Just need to get out this pain killer habit thanks for ur help it's much appreciated!

Feeling better now got dinner on xx

• Posted

Hope you do keep in touch and post your progress. Its a massive help.Getting off and staying off stories benefit us all. BBQ at my house for all our growing family here 😃😉

• Posted

Oh I will keep in touch uz won't get rid of me plus I will deffo need support x

Bbq nice one! Enjoy sounds good! I had pizza 😎

• Posted

Are we all UK? That is a great idea about a BBQ x Drew
    • Posted

Hey M8 I think most of us in this discussion are uk. Haven't seen any wording that leads me to believe otherwise.

• Posted

I thought there were one or two from Oz. If we're all in the UK, a BBQ or Christmas Party would be fabulous x Drew

• Posted

Hi Tulixs

You mentioned in your post that you took hayfever tabs for anxiety. Which ones did you take? or what was the ingredient? as am suffering from anxiety and am willing to give anything a try.

• Posted

Hi Teresa.. I have sent you a private message. The named brand would be moderated and deleted here. Antihistamine is the ingredient.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.