Co-codamol overdose

Posted , 3 users are following.

Last night I took 10 co-codamol tablets in an effort to kill myself. So far nothings happened but I woke up with servers abdominal pain. I really don’t want to go to hospital because I’m young and I would have to get my parents to take me. And they would question me about why I did this and I really don’t want to tell them I was going to kill myself. Is there anything I can do besides going to hospital?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I also took 6 sleeping pills but I know I’m not a professional but I don’t think thst would affect it but I’m adding it anyway 
  • Posted

Will I even end up dying or just badly damaged
  • Posted

Hiya, I would definitely go to the hospital or see a doctor. That is a lot of paracetamol you have taken. The stomach pains are letting you know something isn't right.

Also, please speak to someone about how you are feeling, I don't know why you want to kill yourself, but things will get better. If u can't speak to your parents, please speak to another adult who can help. X

• Posted

I really don’t want to go to hospital because my parents would find out I wanted to do this and I really don’t want that. Also there is no other adult I could tell and if I did they would tell my parents
  • Posted

So sorry you feel so awful that you want to kill yourself.  When you are young and something is hurting you, you think the only way to feel better is to not be here.  But I promise you things will seem so much different when you look back. You’ll be so glad you didn’t do it. Please also think of those you would leave behind.  Would you rather let your parents find you dead than have to tell them why you feel so bad?  I’m sure they would rather hear or forgive anything than see their son dead.

I realise I don’t know the first thing about you but as a mother I would rather die myself then see my child dead. Please talk to them or someone you can trust.  

• Posted

Only one thing can change my mind and I’ve tried for that hundreds of times and that’s why I’ve given up. Surely my family would want me to be happier.
    • Posted

Do you want to share what that one thing is? 

I’m sure every parent wants happiness for their children.  I can only speak for myself - but I’d want my child to tell me if he’s unhappy - we can’t always spot the signs. I was only watching something yesterday where a father had committed suicide and his children were left wishing they had known he was unhappy and wishing they had spotted the signs.   They would do anything to go back and help him through whatever he was feeling so low about. 

Keep talking to me.... I’m here to listen and help.

• Posted

I told the person who made me want to commit what was happening and it’s made it worse now she thinks I’m crazy and thinks I should go to a mental hospital 
    • Posted

You’re not crazy - you’re upset and sad.  These feelings will pass with time.   If you could share what is making you sad we might be able to offer some better advice.  

I have copied this from thecalmzone.net

While suicide can seem like the only way to deal with the pain, there’s ALWAYS another option – it’s just finding that option that can sometimes be tricky. Don’t try and find it on your own. Two heads are better than one. Talk it over with someone. Tell them what you’re thinking and why. If you’re feeling worthless, hopeless about the future or believe that no one cares about you – or even that the world would be a better place without you – talk to CALM.

CALM’s helpline workers are there to listen, not to judge, have links with other helpful organisations and could offer you the support you need to stop feeling suicidal. Although CALM is targeted at men, we offer help, information and support to anyone calling within the UK, regardless of age, gender or geographic location; no one is turned away.

The helpline and web chat service are open 5pm – midnight, every day of the year.

NATIONWIDE: 0800 58 58 58

LONDON: 0808 802 58 58

WEBCHAT: www.thecalmzone.net/get-help

Calls/webchats are anonymous & confidential.  Calls to the helpline are free from landlines, payphones and most mobile networks, although some may charge.

• Posted

I don’t want to find a solution because I found one and tried to make it work but it didn’t so I just want to go
    • Posted

How are you? Are you feeling better?  I hope you’ve found some help either from this group or a trusted friend. 

Please let us know you’re ok.

• Posted

Will, I am a mother of 3, Please don't do this , I have a nephew of 19 and he has tried several times , he has ever succeeded but he got help and talked which helped ,

Another chap I was close tried several times but he got help and back at work and changing life around , you are young and your parents especially your mum who carried 9 months and gave birth to you would be mortified , she needs to know what you're through, I now do more talking to my son after going through a difficult time and he has a lovely and baby son , please Will just talk

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.