CO ENZYME Q10 and Statin side effects and Heart health????

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi All

I have suffered with severe dibilitation of both shoulder joints, now diagnosed as both 'frozen shoulders' due to taking Atorvastatin following a heart attack last October. Atorvastatin now discontinued. I have been told that I 'could' regain my shoulder arm movement in 18 months to 3 years with excercises.

I have been reading that C Q10 can help with the healing process??

Also that it is also beneficial for the heart??

Has anyone experienced good/ positive results re same taking Q10??

I have started taking Q10 (2 days) at 300 mg per day.

I am very interested re Q10 and read up what I could. have not read anything re precautions/ adverse effects of Q10.

Any comments really welcome. Thanks Chris 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was taking 150 mg of CQ10 for a few months but didn't really notice any difference, i doubled the dose a while ago and have noticed a big difference in memory
  • Posted

I am also on ATORVASTATIN 80 mg after a eart attack a few months ago with following stent operation. "Not knowingly" the extent the side effects of the statin I was well untill I recently went into a pain clinic for two weeks, where I did not have neither my usual porridge (oat baased) in the morning plus an extra remedy called "Stat-Guard" which replenishes CoQ10 (co-enzyme, which I bought after reading a "scary" article about arthrits and can be bought over-the-counter) and succesively turned worse with sympthoms of arthritis, meaning terrible muscle pains in my extreme limbs, arms hands, virtually the whole body together with a debilitating muscle strength. This started to get really scary, why I spoke to the head doctor at the pain clinic (rather "ironic" since I was admitted for a completely different reason), who recommended me to speak to cardiology about the now very likely problem with the statin, who in their turn(cardiology helpline) told me to immediately stop taking the Atorvastatin (80mg), but also either go into A&E or see my GP. to assess my sympthoms. My GP also told me to stop taking the Atorvastatin for a week or 10 days in order to check if the sypthoms changed for the better. However, my GP was very sceptic re the side effects of statins in general and told me that during his whole career, >30 years, he had never come across any patiens with bad or severe side -effects from takingg statins, which highly surprised me. If so, it look s like I will be "the exption to prove the rules", but I  have now read so much about so many having problems with statins and one piece if information I just read in terms of co-enzyme, Co Q10 is that it has to be UBIQUINOL and not UBIQUIone or similar, this in a article in "Daily Health eAlert", which you can subscribe on and become a member. I gives the impresion of being trustworthy and interesting - today, a big artice about statin.

No doubt, I have deteriorated with such speed that it is realy scary - I now hope that vy stopping taking the Atosrvastatin 80mg, I have a chance of recovering that part of my health. Apart from that I suffer from chronich pain after operations related to cancer. And, of course multiple heart attacks, which, thanks to God, was successfully taken care of of. I am, as you understand, not a doctor, but share your experience with statin, and just pray that the side effects are being "neutralised" asap. The oat porridge is lowering cholesterol and recommendable to eat.

• Posted

I eat peanut butter,(no sugar ,salt variety)takes away my pain everytime

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.