coarctation of aorta and biscupid aortic valve

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 58 year old woman just diagnosed with coarctation of aorta and biscupid aortic valve, as I have had it since I was born without knowing anything about it, it has come as something of a surprise! Is there anyone of a similar age who has same or similar willing to share your experience. I am due to have an aortic root replacement and valve replacement any day now, rather nervous but looking forward to getting \"back to normal\" hopefully. :roll:

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am a 31 year old male and found out last year that I have coartation of aorta and bicuspid valve. Had mechanical valve fitted in january and just waiting to decide what procedure to have for the coarctation,  open surgery or stent. Just weighing up the pros and cons of both procedures.  Hope your surgery was ok and do you have any information about the coarctation of aorta, did you have any treatment for this yet?

feel free to ask me any questions about our defects which I will try to answer if I can.

• Posted

Hello matt68432, i have recently realised that i have coarctation of aorta. I am 26 years old. I want to know what you're initial symptoms were. I feel like my heart is constricted, and pain/pressure in my left arm. Did this coarctation affect your eye pressure? i am genuinely concerned.
    • Posted

Hi 

The only symptoms I had was hot and cold sweats while sleeping and high blood pressure apart from that I was asymptotic. 

If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to ask and I will try to answer if I can.  

• Posted

Hello noonoo, i have recently realised that i have coarctation of aorta. I am 26 years old. I want to know what you're initial symptoms were. I feel like my heart is constricted, and pain/pressure in my left arm. Did this coarctation affect your eye pressure? i am genuinely concerned.
  • Posted

Hi My hsband has both COA and a Bicsupid valve he is having surgery for COA in 2 weeks via his ribs can you advise anything any information would be helpful what to expect etc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.