Cochlea meniere's disease

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with cochlea Meniere's disease, that is all the symptoms just without the vertigo.  My symptoms are bad aural fullness and tinnitus.  Does anyone else have this version of Meniere's disease and if so what treatments are you having?  Many thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Daniel. I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Your ENT should be following a standard treatment protocol. Start with noninvasive treatments like low sodium diet, no caffeine, no alcohol, and a high water consumption. This could be mixed in with a diuretic and betahistine. You can add aerobic exercise, acupuncture, and meditation. I also use patches for balance. I recommend this approach for a few months before you pursue more invasive methods.
    • Posted

Sure, so my MM disease started with hearing loss in my left ear; then it progressed to vertigo before I finally got my triggers under control. A radical change in lifestyle but well worth it.
  • Posted

Hey Daniel, I'm sorry you're going through that. One of my friends/co-workers has MD, although I am not sure if it is with or without vertigo. While we were talking about it though we were doing some digging on some related topics and found that oxidative stress could play a key role in the cellular death associated with the hearing problems and such. You could try a natural supplement like Protandim and see what that does for you. It's all natural ingredients that have been found to lower the oxidative stress. If you're interested I can send you the link to the abc primetime special they did on it. It is very interesting.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.