COCKSACKIE B

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys,

Been struggling with my health since Nov2013. Prior I was a triathlete and marathon runner for many years. I am 34 years old. I have been diagnosed with 'post viral fatigue' syndrome. I am looking into the cocksackie b virus. Has anyone been tested for this that has PVF/chronic fatigue/ME ?

I am going to test myself. I don't think I can do this on the NHS or can I ?

The cocksackie virus seems to effect the heart muscle and I have been saying for the last month only that everything else feels ok I just have this uneasinessin my chest. That my heart is not pumping as strong as before and that is THE reason I cannot run and find everyday tasks alore more difficult and stressful As for stress I can only handle he bare minimum and work is certainly out of the question. Basically my life at the moment is over. Endurance athlete 6+years prior Nov2013 now I can maybe walk for an hour a day, 2 at a push with consequence. Thanks for reading. Maybe coing together we can find an answer. I am naturopathically trained, so this is a real challenge. I've read about CFS, but experiencing it is completely different.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi David,

Homeopathy (again something I knew nothing about til I got ill) is 80% nutrition, and 20% therapy. There are quite a few illnesses that are caused by lifestyle, and no medicine will resolve it if you don't look at resolving the lifestyle issues. That is where homeopathy can help. Interestingly I have a recently discovered liver condition (Gilbert's Syndrome) which in itself isn't an issue,... but it causes my hormones to be off balance, so if I push myself a bit too hard I am more susceptible than most people to other problems. As came about with the PVF.

You sound very much like me - that when something isn't going as planned your natural reaction is to put more effort into it. Work harder and things get sorted. Set future targets to aim at, and that keeps things moving forwards.

The best advice I was given was a friend of my mum whi told me that it was only when she accepted she was really ill, and she committed 100% to resting, that she started to get better.

You need to remove ALL the stress producing elements from your life and give your immune system the chance to get back in balance. I stopped all sport (first time in my whole life, I didn't run for 5 months... not once... not even for a bus), I stopped taking the tube to work. I take the bus, it takes twice as long, an hour each way, twice a day. But it helps. I read the paper and do work emails smile I went out to pubs/clubs only on a Saturday night, when I wasn't tired from work. But I sepnt all of Sat and Sun either in bed or making food. And I focused on nutrition. Every single thing I ate had a nutritional purpose.

I see my homeopath every 6 weeks and we talk over things like that. It really helped me to have someone else effectively managing this for me. Even though I was doing everything, she makes notes and questions me on stuff and sends me a report afterwards. It is the level of support I need. I did it privately as the NHS aren't particularly sympathetic to PVF. It costs £60 per session (all suppliments included). It's not cheap. But if you don't have your health, what is the point in having money?

Like the acupuncture for your kidneys. £80/week is a lot. But maybe you should try it just for a month. Is your health not worth £11.50 per day?

One thing I do to assist with keeping stress levels down now I have control is meditation. Not every day, but a few times a week, just for 20 mins I sit with eyes closed and listen to my body. I never did this previously, I always thought it was a bit hippy... but I will do it for the rest of my life, I immediately felt the physical benefits of calmly listening to my body... where aches and pains were etc. Look up 'Insight Meditation'... might help smile

• Posted

Thanks Mark. Yes, if things do not go my my i work harder, that was me.

However i do feel i am more ill than you, because you could still nanage going to work and some other things. I could not work, mainly because i am so miserable and energy is so low. I would fall asleep, my concentration is very poor. On the money side of things i can afford to do homeopathy or TCM i just need to make up my mind, My biggest problem is that i am not convinced by my diagnosis, so it's a mental barrier at the moment. I feel it i truly have PVF nothing else then game on, let's fix this and i feel i would win. I did ask one stand in GP about homeopathy and she shrugged at it. But i did'nt push, but it has been 6 months nearly, so for me things are quite desperate. Did you ever have the feeling in your chest that your heart was barely beating, you felt that a strong wind would bowl you over ? I feel super weak, like a stick man with no life inside his body, this feeling concerns me. I want to have my heart checked out in case their is damage. I seem to have an eye infection as i said earlier, lymph nodes in right groin swollwn again, so this is making me feel extra miserable. My immune system feels like it is sleeping. So thanks for the advice, VERY helpful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.