Cocodamol overdose

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I'm a bit embarrassed I took 10 cocodamol codamol on Friday night in one go I was feeling really low they were 8/500mg will I have done any damage i feel fine but was sick 2 hours after

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey, Don't be embarrassed as I have been there and sometimes you just want to feel numb instead of feeling low. I have taken that many over a period of say 8 hours and I am okay although it didn't make me feel better and they were the 30mg codeine. The thing you need to worry about most with cocodamol is the paracetomol as that is what can do damage to the liver. It does depend on body size and your livers abililty to deal with the paracetomal so maybe the best bet is go to the doctors(I know what your thinking)and ask for a liver function test which is done by a simple blood test and then you will know for sure. I hope you are okay smile

• Posted

Thank you for replying I feel stupid I'll go the docs but I don't want them judging me ill let you know how I go on thanks once again

• Posted

Hi,

Don't be embarrassed or ashamed. We're all human. I've done worse.

Generally speaking you need to ingest a substantial amount of paracetamol for it to cause damage.

It can take up to 3 days before a person feels the effects of paracetamol overdose but if you took them on Friday you'll be OK.

Symptoms of paracetamol poisoning are things like constant vommiting, nausea, pain in the abdominal area, severe drowsiness and possible seizures.

Hopefully you feel better and if you have any questions or worries don't hesitate smile

Take care

• Posted

Hi I took 10 co codamol on Sat night and had alot to drink too. Was dizzy sick and very sleepy next day and now 2 days later my head feels like it's sore and I've hit it on something. I didn't go docs or anything. So No have a problem.

• Posted

Hi i have taken 30 co codamol i ask dowen and depressed fell bad for doing it but will it kill me

• Posted

hey i dont know if ill get notified by this discussion but ive took 10 30ml cocodamol and drunk half a litree of vodka is this enough to kill me ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.