Cocodamol withdrawal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I am 56 hours into cocodamol cold turkey. Ive been taking these devil pills for 6 months now. I need off them. I'm a mom of 2 little angels, they don't need nor deserve to see their mom like this. I slipped up about 2 hours ago, took 3 8/500 as got a killer headache. Was taking 3-4 30/500 every 3 hours. Any advice please? Have I prolonged my withdrawal? Thanks

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I am day 4 in to withdrawal, I have tried this before but failed. Its been over 2 years I have had 100 ever 2 weeks no questions asked but they stopped having a n affect.

Day 1 was ok, day 2 I ached and had an upset stomach . Feeling hot then I felt cold, sweating.

Day 3 started throwing up. I was sick every few hours from 7am til 5pm. Slept well tho. Day 4 I feel drained. Hopefully feel better tomorrow

I definitely Will not go back this time as it has been awful

• Posted

well done you!!!

​Congratulations.  You are getting over the worst now so stick it out. Magnesium helps as do epsom salt baths.

​Drink plenty of water to flush this poison out of your body. If you start to crave this stuff just remind yourself that it is the mind trying to trik the body into getting more of this toxic substance. Take each hour at a time . It will be alright in the end. j

• Posted

Frances forgot to add that Immodium can help if needed but check it is safe to take first. Avoid Ibuprofen plus as contains codeine!!!!
    • Posted

Thank you,

I have not told anyone what is really wrong with me. They just think its a bug, i feel very embarrassed as I work in the fitness industry.

Its now day 6,

Feeling much better, still a painful stomach. I have no cravings and no desire to go through this again! I have had really crazy dreams tho but this is probably as im sweating so much at night. I took ibuprofen yesterday and felt bad about that.

• Posted

Hi Don't feel bad about taking one brufen. Justthrow them away to avoid temptation, sorry to be pushy.

?You have done really, really well. Honestly I mean that. Withdrawal is no joke and keeps people from gettingoff this poison. A viscious circle if you see what I mean. Try not to feel bad just because you are in the fitness industry so are a lot of people who are still taking opites. Just keep in control of this drug . That is what I kept telling myself anyway whe I found out that just taking three to four codein each week was causing severe side effects.

?I went ct and ten days later the severe headaches, throbbing pain in my eye stopped.

I drank lots of water just torehydrate myself and also to flush this poison out f my ody. I had diarrhoea but was unable to take immdium.  I ate rady made meals to keep my strength up. These are ok for a short time but notlong term. Magnesium helps with withdrawal because it relaxes the muscles and also has a calming effect.

Hot milkat nightalso aids in sleep. At least it did and still does with me. Keep going. Just remember that it will be all right in the end.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.