Cocodmol addiction

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been reading a lot on here and people saying there addicted to codine/cocodmol and are taking up to 2/4 few times a day? I am at my wits end as my 27yrs son takes 20/30 off 30/500 a day he can't go toilet it takes him half hr to wee, he falls asleep all day and night he had a break down 6 mths ago is now on antidepressants sertline plus pregabelm. He has crashed and totally wrote off 3 cars in less than 3mths..worth 45 grand in total, iam up the wall with insurances, bills, debts, he has now took to gambling moods are up and down..I only sleep when he is in...he has tried to kill him self coz he can't get off these prescribed drugs...so we go doctors and pour our heart out and he gives him different pain releif plus 200 am the cocodmol???? Coz he can't come off them easy he says but no help??? What more can I say!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jo

Your son sounds like he needs to go to a detox centre and rehab to get the help he really needs. Some gps (one of mine included) refuse to believe that people get an addiction to this poison. His body needs a break from this stuff before he does some real damage to it. People die from this stuff. Some stories I have read over the years truly are shocking. I have a son who is an ice addict so I can totally relate to your dilemma.

Where are you located?

• Posted

Hi Jo,

please understand that it is too difficult to make a correct diagnosis of your son, based on a thread, however, I have to point out that according to what you have written I would surmise he is suffering from severe depression, and as such the need he feels for the drugs is extremely symbiotic. I urge you to get your son to a psychiatrist, go through your or his GP, please do this asap.

I am sorry that I cannot be any more help here, but I do assure you that if you are able to act on this advice your son will get better.

Good luck Jo, to your boy as well!

David.

• Posted

I'm going to try to take a life view from a distance at this - all the pills, issues, circumstances seem from what you've written, are a vicious cycle that seems inevitably to be heading toward destruction. You both talk, I assume, and I imagine the conversations seem to go round in circles. But conversation, building friendship and importantly trust is crucial in the first instance to sorting this. No matter how complex any device, problem or mechanism, everything can be broken down to it's siplest component.

I think the root reason is why do we go off on these benders? It goes for depression too. And why do a vast majority of ex prisoners re-offend? Is it because they go back to exactly the same routines, ruts and habits? I think part of the answer is a total change of scene and habits - it's what occupies (or doesn't) the mind, and I bet a bored mind is a destructive one. the root cause is boredom. I speak from experience.

I've been there. I'm not an ex con, but have suffered bad depression, an ex 64 N+ per day person (now on a substitute program) and if I stop to analyize for one minute, stop, think about what I'm doing and why. I made my comparison of depression as an unpenetrable dark sky - and a change of thought pattern can offer a chink of sunlight - and once you see that chink, that's what to aim for.

Replacing negatives with positives; and with out sounding like a hippy, balance. Nutrition, exercise (and I've sworn at people who've said that to me), those are key. I suggest you two need to change your environment immediately for a few days at least; you two and no-one else.Take what you need and have a f***ing good chat, and I guarantee that the first issue, aired, will be "neither of us likes where we are at the moment" Agree on that, then you can make a plan. Brainstorm. Where you are now and where you want to be, and then how to get there.

t's amazing how that energizes the mind (and I know I'm in danger of patronisation, I don't intend that, I just have experience). Break ups, alcoholism...Keep it simple if you can - mind, body and soul. I don't do religion in any way, but that feeling of change, wanting to breakout - and massively important - MUSIC.

I don't know what to say; but I hope you feel it helped in the tiniest way.

I wish you well,

Rich

• Posted

My advice would be to change the GP and then ask for a referral to a detox centre.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.