Coconut oil?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So Ive been having vulva irritation and slight itching for a month now. I've been tested for everything and it all started from UTI, which became a yeast infection due to antibiotics, and now its gone but my gyno suspects I may still have one externally. But I was just wondering if anyone has used coconut oil to help soothe the skin. I've used it every where else on my body so I know I'm not allergic but I'm also hesitant about putting things on that area that don't really belong but I wanna try!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think you will be OK with the coconut oil, I drink coconut milk and have used the oil for cooking and baking now for ages.

If you are sure you are not allergic I'm sure you will find that it can help with you itching.

Another alternative would be the aqueous cream or a vaseline type of salve.

Best of luck with everything.

• Posted

I have used coconut oil in that area. Mixed with a bit if tea tree and lavender is a great thrush remedy . Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.