Coconut Oil

Posted , 4 users are following.

My second episode of an anal fissure. The first was cured by surgery around 25 years ago.

This one was caused, I think, by knocked off my motorcycle from behind while stationary. Young girl texting!

Anyway, after weeks of discomfort and moderate to severe pain I decide to try coconut oil (amazing what you will consider sticking up your bum when in pain!) as I had read good reviews.

I bought a jar of cooking coconut oil which turned fully liquid with some warming on the radiator.

A clean up first then a healthy application all around and inside the area whilst I was in the middle of a six hour bout of spasm that was driving me mad.

Results?

After a few minutes I had a very bad burning sensation that lasted for around 10 minutes.

After that, NOTHING. Total relief.

I am now reapplying 2 or 3 times and day WITHOUT the initial burning and the relief is continuing. A little mild stinging but nothing like the pain I was in before.

I actually left the house for the fits time in 6 days yesterday as I felt so much better!

I am not sure if this will result in a cure but it sure helps manage the symptoms for me.

I can't guarantee it will work for you but, by God, I am so grateful it was a solution for me.

I should also mention that the proctosdyl and lignocane ointments I had been prescribed had NO EFFECT for me at all so I was looking at surgery again in desperation. 

Good luck if you try it - don't et the first 10 minutes spook you into rinsing it off, it WILL ease!

1 like, 3 replies

Report / Delete

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Steve

Not sure if you're still keeping up with this thread but I was wondering if you had any luck curing your anal fissure with coconut oil. I had an operation about 8 years ago which was fantastic but I have had quite a lot of stress lately and it seems to have triggered another fissure. Was going to get ointment from chemist but if coconut oil works I will give it a go.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up